What are the best supplements for building muscle? I wanna get ripped, what’s the best supplement to use? or What is the best supplement for building muscle? Whichever way you want to ask, the question has been asked a million times over, as if there’s a secret that people aren’t sharing. The truth is actually quite simple, contrary to what the supplement industry mags are telling you.
In the majority of cases my supplement routine is very modest as are many others. The main supplements I take are:
- Whey & Casein Protein
- Super Omega 3
- Isotonic Drink (high in simple carbs, lucozade/gatorade etc.)
My supplement routine on a workout day:
- 7am (within 10 mins of waking): I’ll have a whey protein shake (1 scoop) along with a Super Omega 3 Capsule
- 4pm (post workout): I’ll immediately down another whey protein shake and my Isotonic drink.
- 10/11pm (30 mins before bed): I’ll have 1 scoop of casein protein mixed with water, a super omega 3 cap, a ZMA cap, and a multi-vitamin
And that’s basically everything in a nutshell. All my other nutrient needs are met with the food I eat. Supplements are called supplements because they’re designed to supplement your diet and lifestyle, they’re not there to define your them.
On a side note: I’m a believer in K.I.S.S (Keep it Simple Stupid) it works for me and it works for a lot of other people too. But if you feel you want to add more things to your supplement routine you might wanna try some of these supplements:
- Micronized Creatine Monohydrate: Designed to increase pumps, improve strength and performance, and increase recovery.
- Caffeine: This gives you a bit of boost pre workout and it’s insanely cheap to buy.
- Glutamine: Decreases muscle breakdown and improves protein metabolism. I’ve not added this to my daily routine as it’s included in the whey protein I buy.
Also guys, for those of you who might be trying to lose fat (in a cutting phase) it’s better if your supplementation increases. Just so you can maintain as much muscle whilst burning as much fat as possible.
That’s all folks! You now know the supplements I’m taking for building muscle, you have my daily supplement routine, and you have a list of the best supplements for muscle gain that you should be taking.
Just remember to keep your supplementing simple, eat well, train hard, and ignore the supplement ads you see in the magazines!